You store colostrum and calf milk properly, but bacteria are always present.
• Refrigeration slows growth but doesn’t stop it
• Pasteurization may not kill all bacteria and re-contamination is possible
• Freezing preserves the IgG but doesn’t kill bacteria
Regardless of your handling protocols, adding Dam Fresh immediately after collection protects your colostrum and milk until long after the calf consumes it.
• Protects the antibodies and milk solids
• Delivers more of those good components to calves
• Helps ensure immune transfer, better health, and faster growth
Dam Fresh protects immunity factors and proteins
With Dam Fresh, you can be confident the IgG’s in your colostrum are not being harmed, ensuring strong immunity transfer to your calves.
1) IoGenetics Laboratory, Madison, WI. 18-21 May 2018.
2) Eurofins Microbiology Laboratories, Inc., Lancaster, Pa. Antimicrobial Control of Potential Pathogens in Raw Milk Samples. 10 Feb. 2016